Are you actively involved in your show and interested in being recognised? In conjunction with TAG, Robertson show are proud to be involved in the Inaugural Show Ambassadors program for 2023.
This program is designed to recognise young people who are active within the geographical group 5 of the Agricultural Societies Council of New South Wales and to recognise their involvement in:
- The agricultural show movement
- Agriculture sector
- Rural communities
The intent of the program is for all participants to benefit and develop through experience with the aim of increasing the involvement and retention of young people within the South Coast and Tablelands of NSW agricultural show movement through networking, recognition and mentoring.
ENTRY CONDITIONS for the Program include:
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand
- Applicants must be aged between 18 and 30 years of age as of the 1st May 2023.
Robertson SHOW AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
As the Robertson Show Ambassador, the successful applicant will have the following opportunities;
- Participate in the show societies youth committee or with TAG, organising youth events for the 2022 Show, including the Young Farmers Challenge.
- Receive a show mentor/s, being their understudy for their available duration of the show.
- Complete Steward Rotation, giving them the opportunity to see each section in depth. This will involve interacting with livestock and exhibitors, as well as handing out ribbons and prizes.
- Presidents guest at all official functions at the show and throughout the year.
- The Robertson Show Ambassador, will also receive:
– $200 cash Prize
– Show Ambassador Dress Shirt
– 2 years membership to Robertson Show Society
– 2 years membership to TAG
– 12 Month Honorary Committee Position on The Show Society
As 2023 show season will be the first year of this competition there will be no Regional Final, however as Robertson Show Ambassador you will have the opportunity to represent the Show Society at the Sydney Royal Easter Show Tour & Education Camp. (accommodation at applicants’ expense).